There are currently no users chatting.

Weird delivery experience

Discussion in 'Off Topic - news, sports, etc' started by dsgym, Sep 9, 2017.

1. dsgym

dsgym Well-Known Member

Okay so had a pack coming from an international sponsor here. Sat in customs a few days. Was kind of curious.

Then I get a message from the family member whom I had it shipped to asking if I was expecting a package.
    "Nope. Maybe sunglasses from China or the Philippines or something off Groupon".

Apparently, a person who wasn't the usual mail carrier delivered it in a normal car with a blinking yellow light. He signed for it. My dumb ass drove so fast thinking the worst. The pack seemed un-tampered with so I opened it. Very well packaged. Discreet. Etc.

It's a couple days later so far and still nothing. Any idea what happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Weird delivery experienceForumDate
    Weird gym habits?Off Topic - news, sports, etcJul 8, 2017
    Your blood work SHOULD be a little weird!Blood WorkApr 25, 2017

3. rogueamerican

rogueamerican Well-Known Member

That is odd man. But I'm sure if they were trying to be discreet about it they would have made it less obvious than a plain car with a flashing light, and if they were going to bust you or make a big deal they probably would have made you come pick it up or done something immediately. Just trying to think positive, cause I will think way too far into it if the tables are turned.

Markg518, BIGVNYC and dsgym like this.
  4. JuicedVenom

JuicedVenom Well Known Member

RESIGNED VAULT KEEPER.
    Some use Curriers. I've seen it. A delivery service.

BIGVNYC, dsgym and Aton like this.
  5. Humana

Humana New Member

Depending on how backed up the delivery service was, DHL, USPS, etc they have vehicles for this. also, if I am correct they would have wanted you to sign for it if your name is on the pack. There is a special system you can use to help minimize the chance of a controlled delivery. Will discuss it later.

6. dsgym

dsgym Well-Known Member

Well, house hasn't been raided and I'm not sending this from the clink so...
    just to be safe I'm moving this week. Haha jk but I am moving. Yay me

Lyftfla, BIGVNYC and rogueamerican like this.
  7. Vfusion

Vfusion Administrator Staff Member

I bet I know which sponsor your talking about, your 100% in the clear brother.

BIGVNYC likes this.
  8. Squatster

Squatster Active Member

My first and last package ever delivered to me internationally was crazy.
    It was a white car with black tinted windows and goverment plates.
    The guy was dressed up in regular Joe clothing and dark sunglasses.
    He wanted me to sign a paper for it - I was SHITTING MY SELF,
    But Ipulled it together and signed.
    I never did that again,.
    I was ready to knock him out and take off

9. JuicedVenom

RESIGNED VAULT KEEPER.
    If they are watching you, in many cases. They been watching for a long time. And have way more information about you and your Ex Wife's New Husbands sister and her wife's- Babies Momma. There's hints that you should be aware of. If you know. You're a step ahead of the next guy

10. BIGVNYC

BIGVNYC Super-Moderator Staff Member

You guy's wanna hear some scary shit my shit was delivered i wasn't home had to go to the local PO with the ticket left on my door. Then there like your package is here but we can't find it i stood waiting there almost 45 minutes then a whole bunch of police come running into the PO i was like shit there here for me my heart is racing turns out it was for some other matter.....
    My pack was never found got a letter in the mail claiming the carrier was robbed.....

11. Pooty

Pooty Active Member

Ur fine. If they want u. They are gonna get u. Plain and simple. Keep it personal use and ull be ok.
    They want the big fish. Not us minows

Lyftfla, HeavyHanded, dsgym and 3 others like this.
  12. Humana

Humana New Member

Many have said if they want you they are going to get you and that is true. One way to make a great argument if you have a lawyer and were busted is to have a permanent marker waiting and when the package arrives and you sign for it, close the door and immediately write "return to sender" and do not open the package at all. Wait for a few hours or more. If they come knocking and ask you about the package you show it to them and say "I haven't opened, I don't know what's in it. I don't know who the sender is I haven't purchased anything from anyone."
    The argument here is, and you must have a lawyer to fight this, if I had a person I hated so bad I could just send them some drugs, anything really, and anonymously contact the authorities in that town or district, give them the tracking number and they'll take it from there. The due process law protects you from this. It's not your fault someone sent you a package. You haven't opened it, you don't know what it is. You have a lot of enemies out there from the past when you were younger or whatever. Just stick to the same story and you will be fine. This did happen to a friend of mine in Kansas City many many years ago and he got off scott free due to that law. It cost him some money with a lawyer but no arrest record. You just need to stand your ground and don't let them break you if they question you. Now if they get a warrant for your laptop or whatever and find something on there you could still argue it and come out ok but it would be tough. They would still need to connect you to that package.

Ok so another way of doing this which I have done in the distant past is if you know a package is coming and you are home and they won't leave it, just sit there and watch the driver go back to his vehicle. If he drives off, jump in your car and follow him. He may just be doing other deliveries. If he does, catch him at his next stop and tell him you are sorry for not getting to the door on time. Obviously he isn't doing a controlled delivery if he is doing deliveries.

I know this currently works. If they want a signature...I would just type up:
    Postal Carrier
    RE: Tracking number
    I'm sorry I stepped out for a second. I am expecting a package with tracking number... you have my permission to leave package at doorstep as I will be home very soon.

Signiture

If you look at the slip if one is left, you can sign the slip and stick to the door for the next day delivery. The note above is same concept. You are telling them to leave the package and here is your signature. If they abdsolutely do not want to leave it then I would question the delivery. These days in certain areas of cities postal workers will not leave packages due to theft.

These 3 concepts have worked in the past. If it is a controlled delivery, stick to your guns. Do not open the package for hours or even a day but from what I have seen and heard, a controlled delivery is pretty fast. They don't want you having the package in your hand for too long.

BIGVNYC and rogueamerican like this.
  13. JuicedVenom

RESIGNED VAULT KEEPER.
  14. BIGVNYC

BIGVNYC Super-Moderator Staff Member

Solid advice there....

Markg518 and JuicedVenom like this.
  15. JuicedVenom

RESIGNED VAULT KEEPER.
    I have some very good advice as well. I happen too know what CAN occur,why, and how to avoid it.
    But the big question still remains!!!!!
    How come Buddy has to go to great extent to receive a parcel. Yet Buddy's wife can receive 3 parcels a week, EVERY WEEK and never has a issue? A package of socks,a stupid Contraption for apples, a little box of misc. holiday cards and so on. ALL FROM CHINA. ?????oh and those stupid rubber boots for her daughter. Not a problem. But Buddy tries to get a few bottles of test and a pack of Arimadex and the military is surrounding the block.

Sent From Germany

HeavyHanded, dsgym and BIGVNYC like this.
  16. HeavyHanded

HeavyHanded Active Member

Me personally I dont sign for shit. If you dont sign your name you dont admit guilt. No signature required or I dont want it.

The advice of return to sender is great but you cant open the package for a few days.

JV did bring up a good point though. Certain vendors are flagged in customs while others are not. Ask most domestic sponsors and they will tell you that their raws are getting seized alot. Customs has been stepped up due to narcotics being sent from China. This is a big problem.

BIGVNYC and Squatster like this.
  17. Squatster

Squatster Active Member

Heavyhanded is 1000% on
    You watch
    Raws from china are going to get alot tougher to get in as time goes.
    Does any one remember when IP China
    Had over 700 packaged seazed.
    He paid every single person back and paid alot of reverse scammers also- at the time his minimum was around $500 of I remember correctly.
    He was a class act
    Sorry - not sure what this had to do with this post

BIGVNYC likes this.
  18. Lyftfla

Lyftfla New Member

Haha yeh that's weird but But you should be fine bud

BIGVNYC likes this.
  19. Lyftfla

Lyftfla New Member

Truth !