There are currently no users chatting.

Getting meals in

Discussion in 'Food: Recipes, Meal Prep Diet' started by pitshack, Nov 20, 2017.

1. pitshack

pitshack Member

What's up guys. I started a new job as a nurse about 3 months ago. It's great because I'm finally making decent money, it's not so great in the fact that it's busy as fuck and I have absolutely no real time to eat.

I've been making these frankenshakes with oatmeal, peanut butter, whey powder, fruit juice and some other odds and ends depending on the day. It's ok but I can't help but feel that there has to be a better way.

So my question is to all you busy folks out there, how do you get your meals in and in lieu of a real meal what do you do?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Getting mealsForumDate
    Rain every Friday and Saturday is getting me down.InspirationalJul 15, 2017
    Getting a new CC gun. Which color?!Off Topic - news, sports, etcJul 5, 2017

3. BIGVNYC

BIGVNYC Super-Moderator Staff Member

Getting down those shakes is probably the best thing you can do without have the time to sit and eat a meal every 2 to 3 hours. Shakes are quickly broken vs food that has a slower absorption and protein shakes are filled with so much artificial stuff making food a much better choice for nutrition. I was in your shoes and i would actually blend whole meals into containers and just drink them down when needed i didn't have time to chew a meal but i did have a minute to swallow down a cylinder of a blended meal. I also kept zip lock bags of hard boiled eggs in my bag all kinds of nuts and healthy snacks....

4. pitshack

pitshack Member

So you would just blend up chicken and sweet potatoes and stuff like that? I guess you add some water to make it go down easier?

5. BIGVNYC

BIGVNYC Super-Moderator Staff Member

I did that yes and i just gulped it down. I even had tuna fish in them. I know sounds crazy but I was determined to get my nutrients down every 2 to 3 hrs no matter what. Kinda like drinking a soup.
    Just recently a friend had a simular issue he's an exterminator always on the road never had time to eat and he wasn't growing to the cycle and training i had him on cause he was getting his meals down. We got him Tupperware and a portable food warmer from Amazon he now heats his meals on the roads and eats accordingly and his weight has been increasing at a steady rate....

6. Aton

Aton Moderator Staff Member

Man where there's a will there's a way.
    On the road I had thermoses w crock pot meats n potatoes.
    I still Tupperware the shit out of everything.

I'd down egg whites in a shaker cup w oatmeal, coco pwd, or cinnamon. Just get crative and find what u can find tasty.

I still do this here and there during Long management staff meetings.

Humapro protein tabs bro. Get some. Down what u need to get ur protein in and suck down some water

Still to this day I can't sit to eat all 6 meals so 2-3 r protein drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

therocksays likes this.
  7. therocksays

therocksays Moderator Staff Member

Sweet, Beautiful Little Champion
    Home Page:
    I know exactly what you mean. I bartend and have a 6 month old. I’ll walk 10 miles briskly on a typical day. Yesterday was there from 1030-1030, 1 hr break in the middle
    Somewhere, but I generally eat in the am, go tow work around 10-230, get an hour break, but am catching my breath and cooling down so I’m not real hungry, but I always eat. Then 330-1030 is grueling then I get a meal after work. At first I just saw my body weight stay the same but the composition kept changing. There’s some pics attached to give you an idea. I’ve had to accept that this part of my life, even with the shakes, I’ll enjoy being a lean 205-215, if I’m really lucky 220, but when you’re spending all those calories, it’s hard to tip the scales. My advice is to accept that this is your season to be a lean strong guy who is kinda big. Do what you can, don’t give up, but understand that it’s okay to be 15lbs lighter if the 15 would more than likely be fat anyways. I’m more vascular now than I was in high school, I’m 37. I have a 6 pack that makes me wanna fuck me. I would eat before work, on break and after, I would also make a 1000 calorie shake to force down after each of those meals. Yeah, it’s expensive but that’s what a supplement is there for. So, 3 meals ~ 800 cals, plus 3 1000 calorie shakes should give you a few lbs. that’s what I do and it’s worked slowly over time. You will start to see the scale tip. I also suggest logging what you’re eating now so you can do the scientific math of your weight gain also. If your weight stays that same with what you’re eating now, then every 3500 calories you add should give you another lb. so, every 3.5 shakes will get you there. Try it. I use musclepharm weight gainer with banana strawberries and peanut butter to make my shakes more like 1500 cals. I also use whole milk and I don’t eat clean. Just start by buying the weight gainer and start logging your calories today. Every lb of fat is 3500 calories stored. So, whatever you’re taking in to stay where you are now, add 3500 calories and you should get a lb or close to it. Respond if you have any questions, as this is my struggle now for the past year.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  8. pitshack

pitshack Member

Thanks for the replies guys. You have given me some good ideas. I hear you on the wight loss thing Rock. I lost a good 10 pounds in a few weeks and my lifts took a serious hit. I guess there is always something throwing a wrench into training. I always say if i could get a solid 6 months of training without getting sick, injured or having some other bullshit get in the way, I'd be huge, lol.

BIGVNYC and Aton like this.
  9. therocksays

therocksays Moderator Staff Member

Sweet, Beautiful Little Champion
    Home Page:
    Yeah, I may start working from home soon and I have a feeling I’ll be 235 in no time and wishing for this lean meat sack. It’s just life man. Make the most of your situation. Be lean and spend that check, man. Have fun. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Most people on here are in better shape than the other 90% of dudes out there.

BIGVNYC likes this.
  10. Aton

Aton Moderator Staff Member

U opening a bar in ur house man? Jk

Best of luck in what ever new endeavor u have in the works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIGVNYC likes this.