Force Feeding Habit

Discussion in 'Food: Recipes, Meal Prep Diet' started by UNITED, Feb 11, 2018.

1. UNITED

UNITED Active Member Vendor Rep

Wanted to see if anyone else developed similar habits due to the amount of food we might consume while trying to reach our desired body weight.

I was out to eat the other night at a steakhouse, ordered a $50 dollar dry aged steak :yum and I catch myself not even enjoying it as im barely even chewing and almost done with it before the waitress comes back with a water lol! I was treating it the same way I choke down my dreaded 4th or 5th meal of the day that I eat when I'm not even hungry, but have to force myself just to stay at or reach my goal weight.

I guess I have to remind myself to slow down on the special dinners from here on out lol!!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  2. Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man Well Known Member Vendor Rep

Contractor
    Lol I eat every meal slow and enjoy it and I eat 6 meals Ed,but I love to eat if not for bb I would be the 400 lb guy on the couch,now that being said I us to eat so fast I could down a meal with 4 sides in 10 min or less also so I know where your coming from.
    When my started having health problems 2 years ago I was broke as hell with all the medical stuff,so if I got a good meal like a steak I learned how to savor it and slow down,if not for that I would never taste food

Aristo, Aton and UNITED like this.
  3. Aton

Aton Moderator Staff Member

If I’m going out to eat and it’s going to be a nice meal (dinner) I try to eat lighter 1-2 meals b4.

Seems such a waste to be stuffed and not enjoy the meal.

I know how u feel though. It’s a chore to eat so much. I really have to change it up meal to Meal so I have that interest in taking it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

docgreen77 and Aristo like this.
  4. Aton

When I’m dieting I could eat the same thing for months and be hungry for more.

docgreen77 and UNITED like this.
  5. UNITED

UNITED Active Member Vendor Rep

Yeah I should try switching it up, I prep the same thing that I have to eat for a whole week just for the convenience factor when putting them together for the week.

6. Aton

Oh I do the same thing but I will cook up 2-3 diff kinds of meat bag em up in individual zip lock bags. Some times I do that with quinoa and rice so I can pack up diff meals day to day.

For me when I eat a ton I lose interest in the taste so I switch it up when I can.

Wife and I usually cook for a few hours every Sunday. Helps her keep on eating right as well.

UNITED likes this.
  7. Aton

I try to make just enough to make it through 7-8 days.

8. Aristo

Aristo Administrator Staff Member

Dressing up your meals work. I try and change up the chicken, fish, or my other sources of protein. eg. I will boil about four chicken breast as I am leaning out - I will shred chix with my hands (after it gets cold). And, I mean shred - shred it to thin pieces or along the muscle fiber. Then I place in a pot and add Mrs. Dash chipotle and some other spices. Cook until I evaporate the most of the water from chix. its a great meal. I am always trying to dress up my meals. The same things over and over again just becomes boring and places me in a place to go out and have meals I should not.

9. Aton

If u have a crockpot try throwing ur chicken in it w all ur spices n water. I will set mine to cook for 4-6 hrs. If do that over night it’s cool enough to throw in a zip lock bag. Once in the bag I hand shred it. I may add a little more seasoning to it at the end.

U can do the same in a pressure cooker but in less time.

It’s a nice convenient option. And it’s so juicy! Love that option. I do that w pork and some cuts of meat too.

10. docgreen77

docgreen77 Active Member

You guys have a good habit of meal prepping. Mine sucks. I plan on it and never fall through. And I am usually the one that gets their food last but I’m always the first to finish. My wife always asks me if I tasted it. Damn sure did. Now I want more. I need to slow down and enjoy it but after 20+ yrs of fire/ems, sometimes breakfast was your only meal for 24hrs.