Carbs throughout the day?

Discussion in 'Food: Recipes, Meal Prep Diet' started by glock4319, Jun 9, 2018.

1. glock4319

glock4319 Active Member

So fellas I need a little direction regarding carbs. When to eat and what to eat. Let me know if I’m right:

Anything below 50 is good to eat morning, mid morning, pre workout, late afternoon.
    Anything above 50 should really only be eaten post workout.

Please give examples of high and low and what’s best to eat pre and post. Also, if I’m wrong please correct me. Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

2. Aton

Aton Moderator Staff Member

The lower the gi number the less of a globose elevation and then there will be less of a insulin response.

So I’d eat cornflakes pre work out or right after the work out as it has an index of 81.

I’d eat brown rice on meals after my work out later in the day as it has an index of 68.

Also some thing to consider is the rate of absorption. Corn flakes will be absorbed quicker and become glucose sooner than rice will due to the type of carb it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BIGVNYC and glock4319 like this.
  3. glock4319

glock4319 Active Member

So a question, don’t you want something with a high insulin response directly after your workout? You say you can eat corn flakes before or after your workout, don’t you want complex before and simple after?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Aton

Aton Moderator Staff Member

Ideally u want a mid to high simple carb before and after the workout. Meals after can begin to be complex carbs. But it u more prone to gaining fat then yes choose a more complete carb.

If u have a fast metabolism then a more simple carb is the ticket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. glock4319

glock4319 Active Member

I’m an endomorph so I gain muscle but also gain fat fairly easy. So I need to watch what I eat more than some other guys.

Endomorph:

“They may have more muscle than either of the other body types, but they often struggle to gain it without significant amounts of accompanying body fat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk